Nowadays 80% of people who use the internet own a smartphone. There are more smartphones than humans on this planet, all these facts have changed the way companies do business. Mobile marketing has become an intrinsic part of marketing campaigns.
In this blog, we will guide you through mobile marketing.
What is mobile marketing?
People visit websites, check emails, shop, and socialize on their smartphones. They have revolutionized the way companies reach out to their targets and how people react to a brand.
Representing your business where people are is what defines mobile marketing.
Why you should choose mobile marketing?
People always keep their mobile near them, 24/7. So, it’s logical to target a device that is always close by.
Here are the top factors for choosing mobile marketing
– It adds a personal touch
– It’s instant and effective
– It’s high on engagement
– Location-based advantage
– Makes brand search engine friendly
– Helps you go viral with ease
– Include gamification into your marketing strategy
How to create a winning mobile marketing strategy
If you are going to start any kind of marketing, the first thing that you need is a strategy. For this, you must understand how a smartphone works.
Mobile users check their phones frequently for a short amount of time, It could be during a coffee break while working, or before sleeping. So, you need to keep your content sharp and clear.
Here is the step-by-step guide on creating a mobile marketing strategy
1. Create a buyer persona
Marketing is all about reaching the right consumers with the right content. So, it’s important to understand the mobile usage patterns of your consumers and group them together. All the traditional segments don’t work now, so you need to group them in clusters like VIP users, premium users, or deal seekers. You can make groups of people who are supposed to buy your services
2. Set a goal
You need to define clearly what you want from a mobile marketing strategy. It can be anything like growing your database, increasing traffic on your website, generating more conversions.
3. Fine-tune your user’s mobile experience
It’s very important to create content that can be optimally viewed on a smartphone, as screens are smaller on smartphones. So, need to create a good experience and navigation for the user, here are some rules you could follow
– Be brief, be bold: Go for Bold headlines, and keep the content short.
– Create short forms: While creating forms, try to use short forms as much as possible, as no one likes long-spaced texts.
– Add a big CTA button: They are an integral part of marketing. It’s important to add a CTA button for the marketers, on the mobile. Try to keep them large so it’s easy to tap.
– Customize your content as per user preference.
– Create a good visual flow design.
– And always test before going live. Test everything whether it’s text, visuals, or navigation flow.
4. Create a mobile responsive webpage
You need to make share that your website or content is viewable on mobile. The flow and design of your website should be responsive and dedicated to mobile requirements.
And as users just use mobiles for a short period of time, the speed of your website should also be good.
– Sometimes heavy images take time to load, try to create a mobile-friendly page.
– Make sure your website is fast, or the consumer will move on to the next one.
5. Create an effective engagement strategy
Once you have created the platform, now it’s time to engage with them. And for that, you’ll need a strategy
– User onboarding: Guide your user as he comes onboard on your app or website with seamless and desired conversion actions.
– Send push notifications: You can send them notifications about sales, discount offers, product advertisements, and provide information about your brand.
– Use location-based marketing with geo-fencing: When a user crosses a virtual geo-fence, send him a push notification. For example- when a user buys something you can provide it with a click-and-collect option where the user can buy online and want for the delivery or go to a local shop and pick up the order from there.
– Embrace social media platforms: Social media is the perfect place to engage with your consumers, as most of the traffic on social media comes from mobile.
– Onsite personalization: You can always personalize a web page according to the user, add banners, or tailor-made menu bars. Which will increase conversion and click-through rate.
When should a company invest in a Mobile App?
– When you want to take customer engagement to next level.
– When you want to speed up your customer experience.
– When you want to be an on-the-go marketer.
– When you want to give your brand enhanced visibility.
Now we know that consumers increasingly turn to their phones to shop, communicate, work, and socialize. So, the marketer needs to create a clear-cut mobile marketing strategy to get conversions.
And in doing so, marketers should remember that the key to reaching users on their mobile device is to deliver your marketing message quickly, clearly, contextually, and on the right platform at the right time.